Thursday, May 5, 2011

Close Incounter with a Wren

     While I was walking by my garden today, I kept hearing this CHEEP! CHEEP! really close by.  I was looking for was making the sound, when suddenly a little bird flew right past my foot.  I didn't get a chance to see what it was, but then a few seconds later I heard it again, still close by.  This time I found it sitting in my plum tree.  A little baby wren.  I called for Anna to, " Come out quick!", and we both were able to get very close to this tiny little bird. At one point it decided to fly out of the tree, but still unsure of it's wings, it landed on Anna's head!  She didn't even flinch, but stood perfectly still until it flew away.  I probably would have screamed if it had landed on my head, but Anna handled it much better.  Needless to say, that made her day.
     After that, I decided I needed my camera, and managed to take a few pics as we followed it on it's unsteady adventures.
     Isn't it just precious? 

No comments:

Post a Comment