Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Pilgrim Anna


     Yesterday was our co-op's "Parents Night".  Anna has been taking a class on the US Constitution, and her class recited the preamble to the constitution, and a little bio about an important historical figure that they had written.  Anna's was on Phyllis Wheatley.
      Her teacher also wanted everyone to dress up as someone from America's past.  Of course Anna didn't tell me this until the day before.  Being pressed for time, I decided to make a Pilgrim costume.  I used Simplicity pattern 3725 to make a hat, collar, and apron.  It's just over a regular black t-shirt and a skirt she had on hand.  I love this pattern.  It is my go to pattern whenever I need a costume, since it is so easy to modify.
      I think she looks pretty cute.  She has the type of face that looks as if she could have stepped out of a Dutch painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment